Thursday, February 21, 2008

Apa? I jadi orang Philipine??

Tat day as me, mum, sab and kakak herliana was waiting to catch a cab back from church, there were many other ppl waiting perhaps for the bus.I noticed an old lady perhaps around her early sixties wearing those old classic clothes Uk style i guess. When a bus came, many ppl left and so the bus stop was less crowded. I sat beside my mum and the old lady came and took her seat beside me.

Suddenly she looked at me and asked me " are u all Filipinos?" I stared at her shocked with disbelief... okay i get the "are u mix with some sort of native race or are u pure native" question a lot in college... but Filipino? Yikes...... haha thinking i muz be deaf or some sort, she repeated her question and by the intonation of her voice i can see tat she was emphasizing the word Filipino this time around... since she emphasized her question, i gave her another of my shock stare (the one where my eyes go really really big)....Thinking i must be an uneducated Filipino gal, she ask me again this time very slowly.....are u a Filipino? i went beserk haha and gave her a looooooooooong nnoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! She was like owh then u r a??? I replied pure chinese and a Malaysian....I never ever thought for once i would be so proud to call myself a Malaysian haha ;]...

Lady: are u here for church?

Me : yea..

Lady: isn't it so wonderful tat our God is such a great God who loves us so much tat he would send his only son to die on the cross for us?

Me : (murmuring) yeah...........

Lady: One day he will return to earth and tat will be the day where believers of christ will go to heaven to be with our King forever..( started quoting some verses from Hebrews and Relevation)....... When tat day come there will be eternal joy and happiness.... no more sufferings....

Me : yeah ( i was starting to get a little irked by then)

Soon a taxi came by and I breathed a sigh of relief....Said bye to the lady and left for home....

But somehow her words were ingrained in my mind....

After this week of torment I was feeling so low and depressed... Common test din work out so welll...Spec maths especially... i'm expecting a fail from this... I reli reli juz couldn't do it.....Physics and Chem couple of mistakes due to my irresolute attitude which resulted me in changing my initially correct answers.....anyway i was really really so stresssed out!!!!! obviously Stress is emblematic of wat S.A.M is all about.... I felt a total burn out and wanted to give up on S.A.M la.......... but i remembered wat the lady said.. God send his only son to die for me.. Jesus suffered and died on the cross for me. He endured sufferings and hardship all in the name of love to give us eternal life...and here i was complaining, yakking incessantly over small matters....man i have to do serious repentance over my hostile attitude to the kind lady who juz wanted to share god's love for me.....

i told my dad bout me failing spec maths........my dad was incredible...instead of giving me lectures he encouraged me. He told me it was okay and tat i should juz do my best.... he also told me not to depend on my own strength but to pray for god's help......He told me to rely and trust the lord..

So all in all,,,,
gonna have like three more test next week plus having to pass up my fifth proposal for esl (hope this one will finally passssss) annotated bibliography thingys on monday...... so much to do and yet so little time... i'm worn out after so much test and assignments this week but i shall turn to god and look for his providance and strength from above..........

No comments: